- violent, obscene, profane, hateful, or racist posts, links or images
- comments that threaten or defame any person or organization
- comments that are unrelated to the topic of the page or posts
- solicitations, advertisements, or endorsements of any financial, commercial or not-for-profit organizations
- comments promoting or opposing any person campaigning for election to a political office
- comments that suggest or encourage illegal activity or posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others
- repetitive posts copied and pasted or duplicated by single or multiple users
If repeated posts of the above nature are made by any individual, we retain the right to block that person from further activity on our page.
By posting on the New Westminster Police Department’s social media channels, you agree to these terms and conditions. This comment policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time.
Users are encouraged to submit or post content, including photographs and videos, if the content meets the standards articulated in this Participant Use Policy and pertains to the subject of online engagement platform. Users may only post their own, original content. Reproduced or borrowed content that reasonably appears to violate third party rights will be deleted. To protect your own privacy and the privacy of others, please do not include any personal information including phone numbers and email addresses in the body of your comment. Please do not share personal information about others, including pictures.
Social Media Collection Notice
The personal information you post may be collected by the New Westminster Police Department under s. 26(c) of the British Columbia Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purposes of engaging and consulting with the public.
Questions or Concerns
Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding The New Westminster Police Department’s social media activity, and/or this Participant Use Policy at firstname.lastname@example.org