How to Apply for a Record Suspension
If you are eligible for a Record Suspension and would like more information on how to apply for a Record Suspension, please visit the Government of Canada website https://www.canada.ca/en/services/policing/parole.html
If you live in the City of New Westminster or have lived in the City of New Westminster within the last five (5) years, please provide the following information:
A Local Police Record Check Form
Forms are obtained from the Parole Board of Canada.
A Copy of Your Criminal Record
Submit a copy of your criminal record (criminal convictions, conditional and absolute discharges).
For information on obtaining your criminal record, please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/parole-board/services/record-suspensions/step-1-get-your-criminal-record.html
The NWPD charges $78 to process the Local Police Record Check. This fee is effective as of January 1st, 2022.
We require two pieces of current, government-issued identification, one of which must have a current photo.
Accepted forms of Identification:
- Valid driver’s licence
- Social Insurance Card
- Firearms License
- Health Care Card (must be separate from drivers licence)
- Valid BC Identification Card
- Valid Passport
- Valid permanent residency card
- Birth certificate
- Valid citizenship card
- Valid native status card
- Valid Nexus
*Please note the new BC Services Card, introduced in February 2013, combines the BC driver’s licence and Care Card. The card is considered ONE form of identification and you will need to still bring a second piece of identification.
Applicants Living Outside of the Lower Mainland
If you are currently residing outside of the Lower Mainland, but have lived within the City of New Westminster in the last five (5) years, you can mail your request to us. Please provide the following information:
- A clear copy of your Certified Criminal Record;
- A clear and notarized copy of your government issued identification (must show your photograph and birthdate);
- A completed Local Police Records Check form; and
- A $78 certified cheque or money order that has been made payable to the New Westminster Police Department.