This is important information please seek translation if required.
Access to your local police department is important to us. We’re working to improve accessibility and make the New Westminster Police Department more accessible for all. We’re here for you.
The New Westminster Police Department is located at 555 Columbia Street in New Westminster. Our building is on the corner of Sixth Street and Columbia Street.
While many of our services are available online, we invite anyone in need of assistance to visit the police department.
- We are located 300 meters southeast from the Columbia SkyTrain Station.
- Translink buses that run directly past the New Westminster Police Department include: Bus 106, 109, 112, and 103.
- One option for those from the Queensborough neighbourhood is the Q to Q ferry.
- A Wheelability Assessment Map of the Downtown neighbourhood can be found on the City of New Westminster’s Access & Inclusion page.
- Accessible parking, which is against a curb, is available in front, along Columbia Street.
- Three clearly marked accessible parking spaces are available across the street from the New Westminster Police Department at the bottom of Sixth Street in a public parkade, these are approximately 80 meters away. There are two additional accessible parking spaces at the bottom of Fourth Street, 300 meters away. There are roughly 25 meters of sidewalk at an 11% grade from the bottom of the parkade ramp to the intersection of Columbia Street and Sixth Street.
- Seating is available in front of the building.
- A platform lift elevator to our lobby is located at 555 Columbia Street. A buzzer is located to the right of the exterior door where you may speak to the on-duty Watch Commander or Reception Desk to be buzzed in. The exterior door to the building is a powered door, however, the entry and exit doors to the platform lift on the street level and lobby floor are not powered. The elevator is controlled by the user with a clearly marked toggle switch. This elevator can accommodate 750 lbs. There is only room for one person at a time in the platform lift elevator.
User controls inside the lift at the New Westminster Police Department. A toggle moves the lift up and down. There is also a red emergency stop button.
- A secondary entrance, our front stairs, are located on Sixth Street. There are seven stairs and handrails. An intercom is located at the top of the stairs on the left. This entrance does not have power doors.
- Service dogs are welcomed into the building.
- Seating is available inside the lobby.
- We have two restrooms inside the lobby. One of these restrooms is accessible.
- A portion of our front desk is lowered.
Everyone should have access to their local police department. If you have more questions or require additional accommodation, please reach out to our Reception Desk at 604-525-5411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Front desk staff are prepared to provide services to everyone.