New Westminster – On March 1st 2016 members of the NWPD Operational Support Unit conducted an investigation to locate a male who was known to have multiple Canada-wide and BC-wide warrants for his arrest. Members of the Operational Support Unit located the male exiting a stolen vehicle in Burnaby, and when officers approached the male to arrest him, he immediately fled on foot. After a short foot pursuit, the officers were able to apprehend the male.
30-year old Burnaby resident Corey Allan Patterson has been charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Stolen Property of $5000, section 355(a) of the Criminal Code;
- Resist or Obstruct a Peace Officer, section 129(a) of the Criminal Code; and,
- Prohibited Driving, section 251(4) of the Motor Vehicle Act.
At the time of Mr. Patterson’s arrest, the outstanding warrants included:
- Kidnapping, section 279(1)(a) of the Criminal Code in Burnaby, BC;
- Assault with a Weapon, section 267(a) of the Criminal Code in Burnaby, BC;
- Uttering Threats, section 264.1(1)(a) of the Criminal Code in Burnaby, BC; and,
- Two counts of Breach of Undertaking, section 145(3) of the Criminal Code in Port Moody, BC.
“This is an example of excellent teamwork by the members of our Operational Support Unit,” stated Media Relations Officer Acting Sergeant Jeff Scott. “They were able to locate Mr. Patterson after a full-scale investigation, which has led to this successful apprehension.”
Mr. Patterson remains in custody until his next court.