New Westminster – The NWPD recently completed an investigation of sexual related offences involving a youth. As a result, 36 year-old New Westminster resident Tyler James Harrison has been arrested and charged with the following offences:
1. Procuring under 18 years contrary to section 286.3(2) of the Criminal Code;
2. Benefit from Sexual Services person under 18 contrary to section 286.2(2) of the Criminal Code;
3. Sexual Interference contrary to section 271 of the Criminal Code;
4. Two counts of Sexual Assault contrary to section 271 of the Criminal Code; and,
5. Assault contrary to section 266 of the Criminal Code.
Mr. Harrison remains in custody and his next scheduled court appearance is December 7th, 2015.
“Because this matter is before the courts, we are unable to comment further,” stated Media Relations Officers Acting Sergeant Jeff Scott. “However, investigators are concerned there may be other victims of Mr. Harrison and are asking anyone with information to contact us.”
Anyone with information related to this investigation is asked to contact NWPD at 604-525-5411.