On July 31st, 2013 at approximately 7:20 PM, members of the NWPD Street Crime Unit, along with the assistance of the LMD Emergency Response Team, executed a Search Warrant at a ground floor apartment in the 200 block of Carnarvon Street. Two occupants, a male and female, were located inside and taken into custody.
Members of the NWPD Street Crime and Forensic Identification Units then conducted a thorough search of the residence and located a large number of items including:
- A sawed-off bolt action rifle with ammunition
- An 8mm handgun and ammunition
- Two replica automatic handguns
- A replica Heckler and Koch MP5 sub-machine gun
- A replica AR-15 Assault Rifle
- Several hunting knives
- A compound hunting bow
- Several cans of pepper spray
- A small quantity of drugs, believed to be methamphetamine and marijuana
- Over $2000 in cash
- A wide variety of items believed to be stolen property, including assorted jewelry, identification, power tools etc.
Bradley Grant Cooper, 39, and Anne Kathleen Crooks, 46, both residents of the apartment, are now facing a number of firearms related charges in relation to the recovered handgun and rifle. More charges are expected as the investigation continues.
“This is a great example of this department being responsive to the needs of the community,” said Deputy Chief Laurin Stenerson. “When this residence came to our attention, it became one of the top priorities of our Street Crime Unit – both to stop the criminal behavior that was occurring there and ensure the safety of the citizens in the area.”