Formal charges have now been laid against a 30 year old New Westminster male, in relation to the events precipitating the evacuations of an apartment building at 225 Royal Avenue, New Westminster, BC.
Hamish SUTHERLAND has now been charged with the following offences:
- Intending to cause explosion – Section 81(1)(a) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of Explosives with intent – Section 81(1)(d) of the Criminal Code
- Making explosives without lawful excuse – Section 82 (1) of the Criminal Code
- Possession of a weapon dangerous to the Public Peace – Section 88(1) of the Criminal Code
- Two counts of Mischief – Section 430(1) of the Criminal Code
- Mischief endangering life – Section 430 (2) of the Criminal Code
SUTHERLAND was due to make his first appearance in New Westminster Provincial court today.