Are you between the ages of 16-19 and thinking of pursuing a career in policing? Then the Law Enforcement Applicant Development (L.E.A.D.) Program is for you!
- The New Westminster Police Department is sponsoring a two year mentorship program that will provide a development pathway for individuals considering a career in policing. This is a unique opportunity only available through the NWPD.
- Your commitment? 2 years starting January 2020. The program will run for 8 hours on the first Saturday of every month. At the end of the first year, each participant will be evaluated to determine their suitability for the second year. There will be monthly take-home assignments. July/August will be off with volunteer opportunities available.
- Our commitment to you? We have a team of highly skilled police officers and community partners who will teach, mentor, and guide participants to build knowledge, skills, abilities, and positive lifestyle choices. This will make them an increasingly competitive applicant for the Reserve Program and ultimately the Police Officer Recruitment Process.
Training sessions will include but are not limited to:
- Physical fitness and nutrition
- Policing- is it right for you? History, common offenses, mental health, etc.
- Lifestyle and integrity
- Cultural sensitivity
- Social media- positive and negative effects
- Employment readiness- resumes, interviewing skills, references
- Recruiting- core competitiveness, what sets you apart?
- Education- program guidance, school representative presentations
- Numerous guest speakers
- Resilience and motivation
- Team building and teamwork
- Planning and goal setting
- Strategic problem solving
- Application, autobiography and paragraph submitted
- Panel interview
- Background review
- Successful candidates will be notified the week of December 2nd 2019
Kick start your journey to a career in Law Enforcement today! This opportunity is only available through the New Westminster Police Department. A limited number of printed applications have been made available at our front desk at 555 Columbia Street, New Westminster.
APPLICATION DEADLINE IS THURSDAY, OCTOBER 31, 2019.